- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Pashupati should be developed as religious, tourist hub: chairman Prachanda
Kathmandu, April 3: UCPN (Maoist) chair and former Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda has called for meaningful efforts of all to develop the Pashupati Area.
Addressing the 4th general assembly of the National Employees' Organization Nepal, Pashupati Area Development Trust here today, leader Prachanda said that the area should be developed as tourist and religious hub as such places across the world were getting economic activities through religious tourism.
In another context, chair Prachanda stressed on enforcement of the constitution even to materialize the issues incorporated by the constitution.
He added that all should move ahead keeping the peoples' dignity and national integrity in the centre.
Directing the employees at the Trust, former PM Prachanda said that forgetting the responsibility in the name of the rights would lead towards the anarchy therefore; responsibility should be kept in the centre while seeking rights.
Similarly, trust member secretary Dr Govinda Tandon has briefed about the current activities and problems of the trust. The assembly will elect a new working committee on Monday.