- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Kaligandaki river control project kicks off
Babiyachaur (Myagdi), April 17: The Kaligandaki River Control Project has begun in district headquarters, Beni, at the cost of around Rs 20 million.
The project has been rolled out to keep Beni Bazaar secured by preventing erosion triggered by the Kaligandaki River. The Water-Induced Disaster Prevention Office, Pokhara has started construction of RCC dam on the banks of Kaligandaki for erosion control.
According to the office sources, the contractors have been mobilized in the project site for the construction of seven-metre high RCC dam along the area of 124.5-metre stretching from below the office of Electricity Authority to the periphery of Jaycees Building this year.
A 63-metre RCC wall from motor able bridge of Kalipul to below Electricity Authority Office was constructed last year. An agreement of Rs 18.8 million was signed with Muktinath BN Construction JV for the construction of the wall this year, said Office Chief Khagendra Bhattachan.
According to the agreement, the task should be accomplished within mid-July 2016. RSS