- NCC starts online system for issuing certificate of origin
- CIAA receives largest number of complaints
- Test of cross border petroleum pipeline successful
- Jhapa hoteliers make commitment to keep all business activities disciplined
- AI submits its analysis of Nepal’s Law on Right to Housing to Minister Rayi
International Karate Championship in the offing
Kathmandu, April 30: The 2nd International Karate Championship is taking place in Nepal from May 19 – 21.
In the tournament to be organized by Nepal Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Branch Dojo Samakhusi, six South Asian countries will be participating including Nepal.
The tournament will see athletes compete for 28 gold medals in total –15 for men and 13 for women.
Nepal is taking the field with the largest contingent of force, 400 in total, while Pakistan will compete with the smallest size with only 10 players. India will participate with 300 athletes, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka with 15 each and Bhutan with 13 athletes, Dojo Chief and Championship Coordinator, Rajendra Kumar Ojha said.
The three-day tournament will be held at the National Table Tennis Training Centre at Lainchaur. Nepal is the defending champions.