- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Woman's charred remains found in field
Bhimduttanagar, May 15: A woman's body was found in a field at Purnabas Municipality – 14 of Kanchanpur in a charred state by police on Saturday.
The woman identified as Basmati Rana, 22, was found at a field near her home, Area Police Office, Tribhuvanbasti said.
In a statement made to the police, Basmati's husband, Raj Kumar Rana, has claimed that he had burned the body of his wife at the field after she committed suicide by consuming poison.
The police have launched an investigation after taking the husband into custody in suspicion of a foul play.
"Raj Kumar was taken into custody on Saturday to launch an investigation into the incident," said Inspector, Pratik Bista, at the Area Police Office.
The woman's body has been sent to Seti Zonal Hospital in Dhangadhi for a post-mortem examination. RSS