- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Koirala urges cadres to be ready for local elections
Pathari (Morang), May 18: Nepali Congress central member, Dr Shekhar Koirala, today appealed to factory workers to exert pressure to the government to ensure minimum wages for them stating they had been deprived of it.
Addressing an Organizational Campaign Programme held by Nepal Factory Workers' Association, Koirala slammed the government for its incompetence to control inflation, black marketeering, artificial shortage of daily commodities and corruption.
He also took the opportunity to instruct party cadres to remain prepared for the local poll as it could take place at anytime. "The local elections can take place at anytime, you should remain ready," Koirala said.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...