- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
President inaugurates Buddha Jayanti Celebrations
Lumbini, May 21: President Bidya Devi Bhandari today inaugurated the 2560th Buddha Jayanti celebrations in Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha.
The President lighted a butter lamp on the occasion while senior monks associated with Buddhism's Mahayana, Theravada and Vajrayana sects recited the sermons of Buddha.
The ceremony was attended by Prime Minister KP Sharma, who is also the Chairperson of the Budda Jayanti Ceremony, former Prime Minister and Nepali Congress President, Sher
Bahadur Deuba, Former PM and CPN Maoist Centre Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal, former PMs, cabinet members, ministers, lawmakers and political party leaders.
The Buddha Jayanti Celebrations will be participated by more than 350 senior Buddhist monks from 28 different countries and more than 15,000 Buddhists from home and abroad.
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...