- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
President inaugurates Buddha Jayanti Celebrations
Lumbini, May 21: President Bidya Devi Bhandari today inaugurated the 2560th Buddha Jayanti celebrations in Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha.
The President lighted a butter lamp on the occasion while senior monks associated with Buddhism's Mahayana, Theravada and Vajrayana sects recited the sermons of Buddha.
The ceremony was attended by Prime Minister KP Sharma, who is also the Chairperson of the Budda Jayanti Ceremony, former Prime Minister and Nepali Congress President, Sher
Bahadur Deuba, Former PM and CPN Maoist Centre Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal, former PMs, cabinet members, ministers, lawmakers and political party leaders.
The Buddha Jayanti Celebrations will be participated by more than 350 senior Buddhist monks from 28 different countries and more than 15,000 Buddhists from home and abroad.