- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
NC leader Sitauala insists on political unity to enforce statute
Nepalgunj, May 31: Nepali Congress leader Krishna Prasad Sitauala has insisted on unity among all the political parties to ensure effective enforcement of the constitution.
Speaking at a press meet organised by Nepal Press Union (NPU), Banke here today, the leader from the main opposition party was of the view that the enforcement of constitution would help clear off political stalemate gradually.
The government should create an atmosphere conducive to sit for talks with the agitating Madhes-centric parties, he said and called on the agitating leaders also to rise above the personal and partisan interests and join the talks table with the government to find a way out to the problems.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...