- Finance Minister Mahara urges ADBL to extend services to rural areas
- Mega Bank and Tourism Development Bank to merge
- PM Prachanda pledges investment for snow leopard conservation
- Police heads from Asia Pacific Region for separate strategy to combat transnational crimes
- Philippine protesters ask Duterte to stay away from Trump
Jip driver abducted
Lahan, Nov 16: A jeep driver from Lahan municipality, ward no 3 of Saraha district was abducted on Saturday evening.
The 32-year-old driver Guru Dayal Mahato was abducted from Amaha bridge near Kadarbona. He was returning Lahan from Biratnagar.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Gyanendra Phuyal, from Area Police Office Lahan, informed that search for the abducted one was continued.
The locals who were mobilized to search driver Mahato said the driver was taken into a jungle in the north side by stopping the jeep at Ahama bridge at about 8:00pm.
Three youths had entered the jeep as passengers from Itahari to Lahan at about 6:00pm, said driver's brother.
The place from where the driver was abducted is hardly 500 meters away from the Area Police Office. RSS
Prof. Hem Raj Subedi is a noted expert on conflict mediation and resolution. Professor Subedi is currently a PhD Programme Coordinator and Head of...