- Nepal wants to get maximum benefit from OBOR: Foreign Minister Dr Mahat
- US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul
- Ronaldo nets 2 in Portugal win, Andorra ends 58-loss streak
- Federer wins opening match at Key Biscayne against US teen
- Ferrari's Vettel masters Hamilton to win Australian GP
Jip driver abducted
Lahan, Nov 16: A jeep driver from Lahan municipality, ward no 3 of Saraha district was abducted on Saturday evening.
The 32-year-old driver Guru Dayal Mahato was abducted from Amaha bridge near Kadarbona. He was returning Lahan from Biratnagar.
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Gyanendra Phuyal, from Area Police Office Lahan, informed that search for the abducted one was continued.
The locals who were mobilized to search driver Mahato said the driver was taken into a jungle in the north side by stopping the jeep at Ahama bridge at about 8:00pm.
Three youths had entered the jeep as passengers from Itahari to Lahan at about 6:00pm, said driver's brother.
The place from where the driver was abducted is hardly 500 meters away from the Area Police Office. RSS
Six months into office, Minister for Health Gagan Kumar Thapa has launched a series of policy reforms in the health sector. A popular youth leader of the Nepali Congress, Thapa has pulled up his weight to carve a similar image as minister. Many of his welfare decisions are intended to benefit the poor,...