- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
Naya Shakti formally announces party establishment
Kathmandu, June 12: The Naya Shakti Nepal has been formally announced as a political party.
Administrating oath to party members, Coordinator of Naya Shakti, Dr Baburam Bhattarai, announced the establishment of Naya Shakti amidst a function organised at Dasharath Stadium.
Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Seuba, CPN (Maoist Centre) leader Krishna Bahadur Mahara, Rastriya Prajatantra Party leader Sunil Bahadur Thapa, leaders of different political parties of India as well as representatives of international organizations were present in the programme.
Similarly, present on the occasion were leaders of civil society, human rights activists, businessmen, journalists, among others.
Different cultural processions were performed before the inaugural session.
Addressing the function, leader Mahara , leader of civil society Dr Sundarmani Dixit, Ram Chandra Jha of Naya Shakti expressed belief that the Naya Shakti would work for economic prosperity of the country.
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...