- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
28 incidents of human rights violation in Baitadi
Baitadi, June 24: As many as 28 incidents of human rights violation occurred in Baitadid district during the past six months.
The number of anti-human rights incidents took place in the district since January 2016.
Among the incidents are 14 related to domestic and gender-based violence, five of rape, one of rape attempt, six of killing, one of misbehave and one of polygamy.
The incidents have been included in the Nepal Human Rights Year Book-2017. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...