- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
NA demands Rs 7 billion for enhancing disaster management capacity
Kathmandu, July 4: The Nepalese Army has demanded seven billion rupees for enhancing the disaster management capacity.
Of the demanded budget, three billion rupees has been allocated from regular budget for the disaster management task. Out of the allocated budget, 43 per cent would be spent for enhancing capacity in the disaster management sector, said NA.
The NA further clarified that it could face any challenges related to disaster if adequate budget is allocated as per their demand.
Chief of Army Staff Rajendra Chhetri said so in today's meeting of the State Affairs Committee under the Legislature-Parliament.
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...