- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Electric shock kills one, injures four
Tulsipur (Dang), July 10: A worker injured from an electric shock died in course of treatment today.
The deceased has been identified as Sri Krishna Chaudhary, 22, of Lalmatiya VDC – 2, according to the District Police Office, Dang.
At least five workers who were setting up electric poles at Barahakhuti of Lalamatiya VDC – 7 had been injured in the electric shock on Saturday evening. The injured include Maniram Chaudhary, 18, Ashok Chaudhary, 19, Sitaram Chaudhary, 23, and Prakash Chaudhary, 23, of the same locality. They are receiving treatment at the Lumbini Zonal Hospital, Butwal.
The mishap occurred as the contractor responsible for expanding the power network recruited workers who did not have any knowledge on electricity related work, police said. RSS