- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Road disruption troubles milk business
Lalitpur, July 22: The disruption of road after flood and landslide caused by incessant rain has hit hard milk supply in the southern belt of Lalitpur district.
Farmers have been battered when the milk produced in rural areas of the district including Bhattedanda, Malta and Pyutar VDCs has not come to the market for the past five days due to road obstruction.
They have voiced their complaint that apathy of the authorities in removing debris from the road section has troubled their milk business.
Farmers of 19 VDCs of southern belt are producing 40,000 litres of milk daily which has not reached out to market because of road obstruction, said Chairperson of District Milk Producers Cooperative Association Krishna Man Lama.
As many as 8,000 farmers including 5,000 in rural and 3,000 in urban area of the southern belt of the district are being directly involved in milk production business. RSS