- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Fishtail Air Helicopter crashes
Kathmandu, Aug 8: A helicopter belonging to the Fishtail Air, flying to Kathmandu from Gorkha carrying patient, has met with an accident at Nuwakot district.
There were seven passengers in the ill-feted helicopter (9 NKA), according to the Fishtail Air. Ranjan Limbu is the captain of the helicopter. Further details about the incident are awaited.
According to Chief District Officer Bishnu Prasad Pokharel, the chopper crashed at Betani jungle of Madanpur VDC-9 in Nuwakot district.
A team comprising Pokharel has headed towards the incident site. It lies 35 kilomteres away from the district headquarters.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...