- NC leader Regmi passes away
- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
Khotang human settlement at risk of landslide
Khotang, Aug 9: Local people of Damdi of Pathema-7 in the district are forced to live in a constant fear as the area is at risk of a landslide.
A large mould at Hattisudhe cliff around 1,000 meters above is at risk of burst any time with rainfalls loosening the mould, risking the human settlement, local people said.
The 1990 BS massive earthquake torn apart the cliff making a gap of one foot in between, now increasing the gap to more than four meters.
As a result, local people are living in a constant fear while some others leave their houses at nights to avoid any danger and spend nights elsewhere in safe places. "With the monsoon started, some locals started leaving their houses at nights and return in the morning," said local resident Dhan Prasad Giri.
"We cannot sleep throughout night. The state should be serious to our problems," another local 76-year-old Dal Bahadur Rai. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...