- Peace cannot be conceived of by keeping the people in poverty: Chairman Prachanda
- Kim agrees to additional denuclearization steps in summit with Moon
- 16,663 Afghan refugees return home within week: UN agency
- Prosperous province and country, our responsibility-CM Shahi
- Korean Company selected for DPR for Fast-Track
Former Minister Khapangi no more
Kathmandu, Aug 28: Former Minister Gore Bahadur Khapangi Magar passed way at 12 midnight on Saturday while undergoing treatment at the Neuro Hospital at Bansbari.
The erstwhile minister had been ill after getting hit by a motorbike on April 25, 2013. He had returned home after a yearlong treatment at the hospital.
He was rushed to the hospital at 10:15 am after facing problem in respiration and declared dead at 12 midnight, his son-in-law, Chandra Bahadur Thapa Magar, told the National News Agency (RSS).
Khapangi served as the Minister for Women, Children and Social Welfare in the government led by the then Prime Minister Lokendra Bahadur Chand following the dissolution of the Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government by the then King Gyanendra Shah on October 5, 2002.
Khapangi is the founding General Secretary of Rastriya Janamukti Party and founding Chairman of Nepal Magar Association. The Magar Association will take the decision on performing his final rites. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...