- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Sunkoshi station starts generating more power
Chautara, Sept 4: The Sunkoshi Hydro Power Project, which was partially damaged during a monsoon-triggered flooding in the Bhotekoshi river on July 5, has started generating additional power.
The project has started generation of 5.8 to 6.6 megawatts of electricity after the debris piled up on gate number one of the six gates were cleared, Project's Power Generation Chief, Suraj Dahal said. The power station had started to generate 2.5 megawatts of electricity from August 17 after a broken down dam was repaired.
The power generation will touch on its full capacity of 10.05 megawatts in about one and a half months after the water level recedes in the river, Dahal added. RSS