- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
- Talks and control simultaneously; Home Minister
Sunkoshi station starts generating more power
Chautara, Sept 4: The Sunkoshi Hydro Power Project, which was partially damaged during a monsoon-triggered flooding in the Bhotekoshi river on July 5, has started generating additional power.
The project has started generation of 5.8 to 6.6 megawatts of electricity after the debris piled up on gate number one of the six gates were cleared, Project's Power Generation Chief, Suraj Dahal said. The power station had started to generate 2.5 megawatts of electricity from August 17 after a broken down dam was repaired.
The power generation will touch on its full capacity of 10.05 megawatts in about one and a half months after the water level recedes in the river, Dahal added. RSS