- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
PHSC okays proposed name of two ambassadors
Kathmandu, Feb 4: The Parliamentary Hearing Special Committee (PHSC) under the Legislature-Parliament has approved the name of two proposed ambassadors to the United States of America and India.
Today's meeting of the Committee approved the name of Dr Arjun Kumar Karki and Deep Kumar Upadhyay, who were proposed as the ambassadors to the USA and India respectively, after conducting the hearing.
The government had on January 16 proposed the name of Karki and Upadhyay for the ambassadorial posts.
During the meeting, lawmakers suggested Karki and Upadhyay to carry out works sticking to diplomatic discipline keeping in mind the country's dignity, integrity and sovereignty.
Three complaints were filed at the Committee against Karki while no complaint was filed against Upadhyay.
The ambassadorial posts in both the countries had remained vacant since long.