- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Art workshop with a mission of 'art village'
Hetauda, Sept 20: A five-day international art workshop is currently taking place in Hetauda with a noble aim to develop an art village and boost the influx of domestic and foreign tourists.
Harnamadi Art Academy is organizing the event at Gumbadanda of Harnamadi located in Hetauda – 24. The art workshop which began on Saturday will conclude on Wednesday and see a total participation of 33 artists from five different countries.
Academy Chairman, Harka Ramtel, said that during the exhibition a paragliding flight test will also be held from Makawanpur. The artists are drawing their paintings and arts at the Sculpture Garden of Gumbadanda where an international sculpture workshop was held four years ago, he added.
A documentary of the workshop will also be developed, according to Dr Taralal Shrestha.
The workshop is being held with a prime objective to develop Gumbadanda – a village replete with nature's gifts – into an art village stippled with diverse artistic manifestations. RSS