- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
PM pledges efforts to complete Phalgunanda Highway
Kathmandu, Oct 6:Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda has pledged to make endeavours to complete construction of Phalgunanda Highway linking the eastern Nepal to China soon.
During his meeting with an all-party delegation comprising representatives of the bodies concerned this morning at his official residence, Baluwatar, the Prime Minister vowed to give his special priority to expedite the construction project. He said he would consult the National Planning Commission in this regard.
On the occasion, he expressed his hope that the construction of the highway, a shorter route that links Damak of Jhapa to China via Ilam, Panchthar and Taplejung will largely benefit the people mainly of these four districts.
The delegation members include General Administration Minister Keshab Budhathoki, Highway Construction Consumers' Committee chair Gagan Puri and former Minister Agni Kharel, among others.
The delegation reached the PM's official residence to call on the Prime Minister and submit a memorandum towards this end requested for the the release of additional budget for the highway construction project, PM's deputy personal secretary Manhari Timalsina said.