- Finance Minister Mahara urges ADBL to extend services to rural areas
- Mega Bank and Tourism Development Bank to merge
- PM Prachanda pledges investment for snow leopard conservation
- Police heads from Asia Pacific Region for separate strategy to combat transnational crimes
- Philippine protesters ask Duterte to stay away from Trump
Massive fire breaks out in Balkot
Bhaktapur, Feb 8: A massive fire has broken out at a cotton industry in Balkot-1 of the district this evening inflicting an estimated loss amounting to Rs 1 million.
The fire broke out at the factory belonging to one Jit Bahadur Khadka at around 8:45 pm
The escalating fire that has threatened to engulf the surrounding houses is being fought with three fire brigades from the Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu.
Locals and security personnel are making effort to douse the fire. The fire could not be controlled until 10:30 pm.
The cause of the fire is yet to be disclosed. No human casualty has been reported so far. RSS
Prof. Hem Raj Subedi is a noted expert on conflict mediation and resolution. Professor Subedi is currently a PhD Programme Coordinator and Head of...