- Nepal wants to get maximum benefit from OBOR: Foreign Minister Dr Mahat
- US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul
- Ronaldo nets 2 in Portugal win, Andorra ends 58-loss streak
- Federer wins opening match at Key Biscayne against US teen
- Ferrari's Vettel masters Hamilton to win Australian GP
Massive fire breaks out in Balkot
Bhaktapur, Feb 8: A massive fire has broken out at a cotton industry in Balkot-1 of the district this evening inflicting an estimated loss amounting to Rs 1 million.
The fire broke out at the factory belonging to one Jit Bahadur Khadka at around 8:45 pm
The escalating fire that has threatened to engulf the surrounding houses is being fought with three fire brigades from the Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu.
Locals and security personnel are making effort to douse the fire. The fire could not be controlled until 10:30 pm.
The cause of the fire is yet to be disclosed. No human casualty has been reported so far. RSS
Six months into office, Minister for Health Gagan Kumar Thapa has launched a series of policy reforms in the health sector. A popular youth leader of the Nepali Congress, Thapa has pulled up his weight to carve a similar image as minister. Many of his welfare decisions are intended to benefit the poor,...