- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Govt preparing to form National Farmers Commission
Kathmandu, Oct 24: The Ministry of Agricultural Development has started preparations to constitute the National Farmers Commission.
In this connection, the Ministry has prepared the draft of the National Farmers Commission and Operation Order – 2073 BS and carrying out home work for its implementation.
The draft envisages forming a seven-member commission for the promotion of the agriculture sector as well as protecting the rights and interests of farmers.
Programmes on management of the market for agro-products, operation of agro-products processing plants, establishment of research centres for boosting agricultural production and agriculture education could be run once the commission is formed, said spokesperson of the Ministry, Yogendra Karki.
According to him, the commission would be constituted once the draft is approved after discussion by the Ministry of Finance.
The draft also outlines the policy of maintaining the forest cover at around 45 percent. The government has the policy of supporting the implementation of the land use policy and promoting contract farming.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...