- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Indian President conferred with D Litt degree
Kathmandu, Nov 3: President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, has been decorated with the degree of D Litt by Kathmandu University at a special convocation here today.
Prime Minister and Chancellor of Kathmandu University, Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda, conferred the title of D Litt on the Indian President, who is currently on a state visit to Nepal.
Present in the Special Convocation held at the Army Officers Club were Education Minister and the Pro-chancellor of the University, Dhaniram Poudel, Vice Chancellor of the University Prof Dr Ram Kantha Makaju Shrestha, among other distinguished persons.
Ministers, Ambassador of India to Nepal, Ranjit Rae, and members of the Indian President's entourage were also present on the occasion.
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...