- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Indian President conferred with D Litt degree
Kathmandu, Nov 3: President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, has been decorated with the degree of D Litt by Kathmandu University at a special convocation here today.
Prime Minister and Chancellor of Kathmandu University, Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda, conferred the title of D Litt on the Indian President, who is currently on a state visit to Nepal.
Present in the Special Convocation held at the Army Officers Club were Education Minister and the Pro-chancellor of the University, Dhaniram Poudel, Vice Chancellor of the University Prof Dr Ram Kantha Makaju Shrestha, among other distinguished persons.
Ministers, Ambassador of India to Nepal, Ranjit Rae, and members of the Indian President's entourage were also present on the occasion.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...