- Seven percent economic growth predicted for this year
- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
One killed, four injured in separate accidents in Saptari
Rajbiraj, Jan 27: A person was killed and four others were injured in separate accidents on Thursday in Saptari. A motorbike accident at Madhupatti along the East – West Highway claimed the life of Dhuran Yadav of an estimated 40 years of age from Govindapur – 2 of Siraha district, Area Police Office, Kadorbana said.
The bike (Sa 1 Pa 2197) heading west collided head on with a tractor (Na Ta 8430) coming from the opposite direction.
In another incident, four persons including three members of a single family were injured when a truck struck an electric pole at Saptakoshi Municipality – 4 along the Phattepur – Kanchanpur road stretch on the same day. The truck (Na 1 Ka 4452) was carrying a cement mixer machine at the time of the accident.
Truck driver Ganesh Chaudhary, his wife Lalita Chaudhary, 10 – year – old son, Prabhat Chaudhary, and assistant driver, Man Kumar Magar, of Tapeshwori – 9, Udayapur were injured in the accident. They are receiving treatment at a local clinic, Area Police Office, Kanchanpur said. RSS