- Peace cannot be conceived of by keeping the people in poverty: Chairman Prachanda
- Kim agrees to additional denuclearization steps in summit with Moon
- 16,663 Afghan refugees return home within week: UN agency
- Prosperous province and country, our responsibility-CM Shahi
- Korean Company selected for DPR for Fast-Track
PM lays wreath at Martyrs' Memorial Park
Kathmandu, Jan 29: Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda laid a wreath at martyrs' monument at Martyrs' Memorial Park in Lainchaur today to mark the Martyrs' Day.
The PM paid tributes to the martyrs on the final day of the Martyrs' Week by laying the wreath.
During the ceremony Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar, ministers Hitraj Pandey and Nabindra Raj Joshi, Chief Secretary Dr Som Lal Subedi, Chief of Army Staff, Inspector General of Police among top government officials offered garlands on martyrs' monument. On the occasion, One Minute Silence was observed in the honour of the martyrs.
A rally was taken out from Shanti Garden at Ratna Park this morning to mark the final day of the Martyrs' Week being organized by Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC). The rally converged into a memorial ceremony at Martyrs' Park in Lainchaur.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...