- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
2.3 million peoples visit Narayanhiti museum
Kathmandu, Feb 5: A total of 2.31 million peoples from different countries visited the Narayanhiti Durbar Museum so far since the former royal palace was changed into the museum in 2009.
Records reveal that 2.3 million plus tourists from at home and abroad visited the museum since February 25, 2009-- the date Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation brought the museum into operation.
Chief of the Museum Rohit Kumar Dhungana said altogether 1.13 million commoners and 995,549 students from Nepal, 130,188 visitors from the SAARC countries and China while 55,224 tourists from rest of the world visited the museum till the second week of this January year.
Likewise, the museum has made a total of Rs 194.7 million income from the sale of tickets to the visitors.
Similarly, the museum has collected Rs 12.6 million in revenue during the first six months of the current fiscal year.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...