- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Spanish national reaches Mount Everest Summit
Solukhumbu, Feb 15: Spanish national, John Alenzd, has reached atop the world's highest peak, Mount Everest, in the unfavourable mountaineering season.
The winter season is deemed unfavourable for summiting the mountain due to heavy snowfall and excessive cold. However, he climbed the highest summit on Tuesday.
Though he and his spouse Carlos had teamed up to ascend the Summit to exchange their love on the Valentine Day, it was not materialized. She returned from third camp of the Mount Everest after complaining of some health complications.
The Spanish couple had gone for adventurous mountaineering without considering the risky season, informed manager of Seven Summit Agency, Nimesh Karki.
It may be noted that Officer at Department of Archaeology, Padma Jung Rai, who accompanied them as a contact officer of the government, had breathed his last in the camp due to altitude sickness on January 11. RSS