- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
Eldest student in college sets up scholarship fund
Dhangadi, Feb 16: The oldest student of the Farwestern Higher Secondary School here has set up a fund to provide scholarship to the deserving students of the school.
A student of Bachelor's second year, 67-year-old Purna Nanda Joshi announced the scholarship fund at a function organised Wednesday to mark the anniversary of the school. Joshi has been a student at the school from Grade 11. He has contributed Rs. 50,000 to the fund.
He is presently undergoing the bachelor's degree in humanities and is determined to complete master's degree despite his growing age. Majority of the students in the school including his classmates fondly call him 'Baje' or granddaddy.
Meanwhile, a student of Bachelor's third year, Mahesh Nepali became the first recipient of the scholarship from the fund set up by his junior in school, Mr Joshi. RSS
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...