- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Fund raised from Holi for school operation
Baitadi, March 14: Most of the schools in Baitadi district this year have pledged to use the fund raised from the celebration of Holi – the festival of colours –for school operation.
As most of the schools here are runnig from their own sources, the money collected from Holi celebration would be used to remunerate teachers, said school sources.
Siddhanath Lower Secondary School based in Sunarya Village Body-5, Dhulidhar had raised a fund of Rs 75,000, shared school principal Ganesh Dutta Awasthi.
Likewise, Rauleswor Secondary School of Dogadakedar Village Body, Kafalkot generated a fund of Rs 80,000 through Holi celebration and the school is planning to spend the amount for educational visit of students pursuing Sub-Overseer, informed Dhan Bahadur Bhat, a local.
Similarly, Tripureswor Secondary School based in Patan municipality also collected fund of Rs 110,000 on the occasion, The amount would be used to remunerate teachers of private source of the school, informed school principal Narayan Singh Thagunna. RSS
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...