- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Villagers forced to pay to cross temporary bridge
Bhimdattanagar, March 22: The locals of a remote village here have been forced to pay for crossing a bridge over a local river.
The villagers in Amarbasti have been coughing up fares when crossing the Mohana river that splits Kanchanpur and Kailali districts. The locals in Amarbasti of Purnabas Municipality – 9 of Kanchanpur have been doing this for many years whenever crossing the bamboo – built bridge.
The villagers pay Rs 20 for motorbike, Rs 10 for cycle and Rs 5 each per person when crossing the bridge.
Bridge's guard, Sundar Chaudhary, said the locals are finding it easy to head to Dhangadhi to sell and distribute the vegetables they have produced in Amarbasti by crossing the bridge. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...