- Finance Minister Mahara urges ADBL to extend services to rural areas
- Mega Bank and Tourism Development Bank to merge
- PM Prachanda pledges investment for snow leopard conservation
- Police heads from Asia Pacific Region for separate strategy to combat transnational crimes
- Philippine protesters ask Duterte to stay away from Trump
CA Member urges for early construction of Melamchi project
Melamchi, Nov 16: Constituent Assembly member Sher Bahadur Tamang has drawn the attention of Chief District Officer to reduce the adverse effects of water emptied in the river from Melamchi tunnel.
At a programme organized to evaluate the achievements of the millennium goals at Thakani VDC, Ward No 1 of Sindhupalchowk district on Saturday, CA member Tamang said the obstruction on the construction of bridge over the Sindhukhola needs to be cleared immediately.
Chief District Officer and Chairman of the disaster management committee, Gopal Parajuli, suggested the locals to construct houses considering the geo-physical structure of the land to prevent disaster.
Similarly, Local Development Officer Yuvraj Kattel urged the locals not to build houses on the bank of river and on soft land.
Prof. Hem Raj Subedi is a noted expert on conflict mediation and resolution. Professor Subedi is currently a PhD Programme Coordinator and Head of...