- Nepal wants to get maximum benefit from OBOR: Foreign Minister Dr Mahat
- US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul
- Ronaldo nets 2 in Portugal win, Andorra ends 58-loss streak
- Federer wins opening match at Key Biscayne against US teen
- Ferrari's Vettel masters Hamilton to win Australian GP
CA Member urges for early construction of Melamchi project
Melamchi, Nov 16: Constituent Assembly member Sher Bahadur Tamang has drawn the attention of Chief District Officer to reduce the adverse effects of water emptied in the river from Melamchi tunnel.
At a programme organized to evaluate the achievements of the millennium goals at Thakani VDC, Ward No 1 of Sindhupalchowk district on Saturday, CA member Tamang said the obstruction on the construction of bridge over the Sindhukhola needs to be cleared immediately.
Chief District Officer and Chairman of the disaster management committee, Gopal Parajuli, suggested the locals to construct houses considering the geo-physical structure of the land to prevent disaster.
Similarly, Local Development Officer Yuvraj Kattel urged the locals not to build houses on the bank of river and on soft land.
Six months into office, Minister for Health Gagan Kumar Thapa has launched a series of policy reforms in the health sector. A popular youth leader of the Nepali Congress, Thapa has pulled up his weight to carve a similar image as minister. Many of his welfare decisions are intended to benefit the poor,...