- Peace cannot be conceived of by keeping the people in poverty: Chairman Prachanda
- Kim agrees to additional denuclearization steps in summit with Moon
- 16,663 Afghan refugees return home within week: UN agency
- Prosperous province and country, our responsibility-CM Shahi
- Korean Company selected for DPR for Fast-Track
Acharya elected FNJ President
Kathmandu, Aug 22: The Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) has elected Govinda Acharya as its new president.
The 25th General Convention of the umbrella organization of the Nepali journalists elected a 47 - member new executive committee under Acharya's leadership.
Acharya garnered 732 votes against 627 votes obtained by his closest contestant, Tirtha Koirala. Of the total of 1,508 voters, 1,449 votes were cast in the general convention.
Among the other elected officials, Bipul Pokhrel was elected as the vice president from the open category, Dillip Thapa Magar as vice president from the inclusive quota, Ramesh Bista as general secretary, Ram Prasad Dahal as secretary from open category, Udaya GM as secretary from indigenous category, Shital Prasad Mahato as secretary from Madhesi category and Rem Bahadur Bishwokarma as secretary from the Dalit category.
Prakash Thapa has been elected as associate secretary while Rajesh Mishra was elected as the treasurer. Roshan Puri has been elected as the coordinator of the Account Committee. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...