- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
‘Objectifying of women happens everywhere’
Mumbai, Aug 26: Ileana D’Cruz says it would be wrong on her part to say that she cannot be a prop in a movie as she has enjoyed playing a glamorous diva on screen.
Recently, actor TaapseePannu had spoken out against the way women were portrayed in films, recalling a shot from her debut Telugu film, in which a coconut was thrown at her navel.
Ileana, who has worked extensively in the South, believes that objectifying women is not an issue of only South films as it happens everywhere.
“I don’t want to put a finger and say it only happens in South Indian films, it happens everywhere. There could be films in Bollywood as well, where the women sometimes are just a prop. It would be prudish to say, ‘I don’t want to be a prop in a film’ because there are certain films I’ve loved doing as I have looked very glamorous in them. At the end of the day, it’s your choice,” Ileana says.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...