- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
10 tractors used in illegal transport of sand under control
Dhangadi, Aug 27: Authorities on Saturday took under control 10 tractors being used in the illegal transport of sand excavated from the Khutiya river of Kailali.
The police team led by Ward Police Office, Dhangadi, Hikkmat Thapa, took the tractors under control and arrested its drivers, District Police Office Spokesperson Bir Bahadur Budhamagar said.
The tractors will be handed over to the District Coordination Committee. The government had banned the excavation of stones, pebbles and sand among other construction materials from the rivers during the monsoon period. RSS
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...