- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Madonna wants to reinvent pop tours
Los Angeles, Sept 18: Singer Madonna says she is exploring the idea of doing a show that doesn’t travel the world, but stays in one place and is more intimate.
Back in 1990, Madonna set the template for modern pop concerts with her Blond Ambition world tour. From its hydraulic stage to Jean-Paul Gaultier’s iconic costumes, it raised the bar for stadium-sized spectacle.
Now, after seven world tours, the star says she is “exploring” a smaller-scale show in the future. “I’ve done so many shows and tours in stadiums and sports arenas that I feel like I have to reinvent that now too. I like doing intimate shows and being able to talk directly to the audience,” said the singer.
“This is something I’m exploring the idea of doing a show that doesn’t travel the world, but stays in one place and utilises not only humour and the music in a more intimate setting, but other people’s music, as well, and other entertainment,” she adds.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...