Sexual harassment allegations disturbs Lawrence
New York, Oct 11:
Jennifer Lawrence says she is deeply disturbed by sexual harassment allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and is thanking his accusers for coming forward.
Lawrence’s publicist released a statement by the actress early Tuesday stating she never experienced harassment by Weinstein. She won an Academy Award for 2012’s “Silver Linings Playbook,” which was produced by The Weinstein Co.
She says she was unaware of any of the conduct alleged in an expose by The New York Times last week that led to Weinstein’s firing from the company he co-founded on Sunday night.
Lawrence calls the actions described in the story “inexcusable and absolutely upsetting.”
She says her heart goes out to the women affected, and is thanking them for telling their stories.
Weinstein has been widely condemned since his firing, but has not commented on his ouster.