- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Nepal wins a gold medal in the 6th Asian Zhurkhaneh tournament
Kathmandu, Dec 24: A Nepali Zhurkhanehi Sportsman has won a gold medal in the 6th Asian Zhurkhaneh tournament held in the Phillipines.
Kundan Sah, a resident of Birjung, won the gold defeating an Iranian sportsman in the Phillipines in the event of Kusti (50-60Kg). Likewise, a resident of Kirtipur, Itagol, Rojan Maharjan ranked third in the same event of category (60-70Kg).
Nepal won fouir bronze medals in the sports event.
In the event, Charke Chamani, a resident of Itagol, Kirtipur, Rojit Maharjan and in the Kabaddeh event, a local of Khokana, Lalitpur, Raju Maharjan, won the copper medals.
Nepal won the bronze in the team event too, Rojan Maharjan, Kundan Sah, Rojit Maharjan, Rohit Maharjan, Raju Maharjan were the team members.
Six members of Nepali sportsmen in the leadership of trainer Rabin Ghimire had departed for the Phillipines on Wednesday. In the tournament, 17 Asian countries had fought for the medals. The Nepali team will return home on Monday.
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...