- NCC starts online system for issuing certificate of origin
- CIAA receives largest number of complaints
- Test of cross border petroleum pipeline successful
- Jhapa hoteliers make commitment to keep all business activities disciplined
- AI submits its analysis of Nepal’s Law on Right to Housing to Minister Rayi
Russian, Israeli leaders discuss Israel-Syria border incident over phone
MOSCOW, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- Russian and Israeli leaders discussed the Israel-Syria border incident in a phone conversation, the Kremlin has said in a statement.On Saturday, Israel conducted airstrikes against Iranian facilities in Syria, claiming an Iranian drone had entered the Israeli airspace from Syria. During the operation, the Syrian air defense launched missiles to shoot down an F-16 fighter jet of the Israeli Air Force.
Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the border situation between Syria and Israel, with special emphasis on the Israeli Air Force's airstrikes on targets in Syria, the statement said Saturday. "The Russian side demands all parties should avoid any further steps that might lead to a new round of dangerous confrontation in the region," said the press service.