- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Law commission formed in Province-5
Butwal, Feb 26: A commission has been formed in Province-5 to draft and recommend the necessary laws for the smooth functioning of the provincial affairs.
The commission officials were handed down the letters by the Council of Minister to this regard today.
The commission has senior advocate Dr Kumar Acharya as chairman, while the members are advocates Bishnu Pokhrel and Khumakant Poudel. The ex-officio members for the commission are Joint Attorney General of the Province, Undersecretary looking after legal affairs at Chief Minister's office, and chief of legal division in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Law.
The commission has been given a year's team.
On the very first day of the assumption of the post, Chief Minister Shankar Pokhrel had put the formulation of necessary laws in first priority.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...