- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Government reduces public holidays from 104 to 89
Kathmandu, March 29: The government has approved public holidays for the year 2075 BS. Wednesday's meeting of the Council of Ministers has decided to give total 89 holidays in a year in order to increase working days.
The government came up with the move to reduce number of public holidays so as to realize its goal of prosperous Nepal.
Earlier, there have been 104 public holidays annually. The public holidays proposed for particular religion, community and region this year are 22 days while the public holidays applicable to all employees are 67 days. The government has given 10 partial public holidays for 2075.
According to Minister of State for Information and Communications Gokul Baskota, the government has cut down 12 public holidays this year.
It is shared that the government offices would open 22 more days in the year 2075 compared to 2074 BS.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...