- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
SLC centre run by women only in Ilam
Ilam, March 18: A centre here for the School Leaving Certificate (SLC) examination has been prepared to be run by women only, from the superintendent to the supporting staff.
The examination centre based at the Adarsha Higher Secondary School in the district headquarters will be run by a superintendent, assistant superintendent, invigilator, support staff and security personnel, who are all female.
"To set an example and a model too, we have given the responsibility of the centre to women only", said District Education Officer Tanka Prasad Gautam at a press meet held here Tuesday to shed light on the preparations for the examinations that begins on Thursday.
A total of 3,793 regular and 3,189 exempted students including four prisoners and three visually impaired students are attending the SLC examinations this year from Ilam. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...