- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
Darchula sees annual short of 3,000 Metric Tons food
Gokuleswor (Darchula), March 27: Darchula has seen a short of 3,000 Metric Tons of food every year.
Of the total need of 6,788 Metric Tons, 3,270 Metric Tons is still fall of short in the district, said the District Agriculture Development Office, Darchula.
According to senior Agriculture Development Officer Khagendra Prasad Sharma, the district has the total production of 23,585 Metric Tons of food. The food produce of the district is not adequate to address the need, he added.
The office sources said that the rice as main produce of the district is being cultivated in 4,880 hectares of land while wheat is in 5,965 hectares.
Darchula has total 29,054 hectares of land viable for farming of which 22,825 is only being utilized, he informed.
As the farmers are still adopting traditional form of agriculture the district has witnessed short of food, he further said. RSS
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...