- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Pushpalal Park in Kirtipur to be developed as tourist destination
Kathmandu, July 26: The Kirtipur Municipality is to develop Pushpalal Park at Champadevi and surrounding area as a tourist destination. "A study is being carried out for infrastructure development as the area with its natural beauty and sidewalks, has potentiality for tourism," said the Municipality's Deputy Mayor Saraswati Khadka.
The drive aims to make the Park known to national and international levels, she said, adding that the Kirtipur Integrated Tourism Development Project that has accorded a special priority to tourism will also be launched soon.
Earlier, a Kirtipur Tourism Development Committee has been established that includes experts in related field and distinguished persons of the society as members. The committee aims to develop local tourism.
Likewise, those wanting to run hotels and industries in the area that promote tourism will get a discount on tax and other fees.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...