- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
27 metric tons of waste collected from Kathmandu Valley
Kathmandu, Sept 8: As much as 27 metric tons of waste has been collected from various places of the Kathmandu Valley as part of the weekly cleanup of the river and ring road.
On the 278th week of the Bagmati cleanup mega campaign, various organizations, committees and groups, Nepal Army, Nepal Police, Armed Police Force and Kathmandu Metropolitan Office participated in the clean up drive. More than 400 campaigners involved in the sanitation.
Board member of the High Powered Bagmati Civilization Integrated Development Committee, Mala Kharel, complained that as the garbage was not collected for long time, it was emanating stench.
Similarly, on the 239th week of cleanup launched by Bagmati beauty concern forum, the area around Gokarneshwor Mahadev Temple was cleaned up.
Even the representative from provincial assembly Rameshwor Phuyal took part in the cleanup drive.
Other places where the cleanup was conducted were Ratopul, Maitidevi, Setopul, Rudranagar, Manamaiju, Bishnumati area, Balkumari, Aloknagar and others.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...