- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
CIAA arrests NEA employee while taking bribe
Kathmandu, March 31: A team of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) nabbed an employee of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) Chandranigahapur branch office while taking bribe this morning.
The CIAA officials arrested supervisor Umesh Kumar Yadav of Chandranigahapur branch office.
Chief District Officer Madan Bhujel said that the team arrested Yadav while taking Rs 150,000 from Baiju Sah for installing the 'three-phase electricity line' at Rahul Rice Mill at Rangapur in the district. Sah is the mill owner.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...