- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
President visits Rastrakavi's residence to extend birthday wishes
Kathmandu, Sept 23 (RSS): President Bidya Devi Bhandari today visited Rastrakavi Madhav Prasad Ghimire at the latter's Lainchaur-based residence and extended him the 100th birthday wishes.
The President spent around 10 minutes at Ghimire's residence and apprised about this health condition. On the occasion, the President wished him good health, happiness, long life and creativity in the days ahead.
The Rastrakavi who enters 100 years from today was eagerly waiting for the arrival of the Head-of-the-State to his residence along with spouse since 8:30 am. The writer of best known books such as Gauri, Rajeshwori, Malati Mangale and Aswasthama, holds the title of the Rastrakavi (Poet to the Nation) for his outstanding contribution to the Nepali literature.
On the occasion, he expressed his gratitude to President Bhandari for the visit on his birthday and said he including his daughters were very happy to see the female in the presidential post of the country.
He was born on Asoj 7, 1976 BS at Pustaun Bahundanda of Marsyangdi rural municipality-3 in Lamjung.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...