- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
PM Oli and Swiss President hold talks
Special Correspondent Surendra Bahadur Nepali, New York, Sept 27 (RSS): Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and President of the Swiss Confederation, Alain Berset have held talks at the UN Headquarters here today.
During the meeting, PM Oli and President Berset held discussions on matters of bilateral interest and concern, said Nirmal Raj Kafle, Charge D’Affaires at the Permanent Mission of Nepal to the United Nations. Swiss assistance to Nepal was also discussed, Kafle added.
The two leaders are in New York in connection with participating in the 73rd United Nations General Assembly.
Minister for Foreign Affairs Pradeep Kumar Gyawali; Chief Advisor to the Prime Minister, Bishnu Rimal; Nepal’s ambassador to the United States of America, Dr Arjun Kumar Karki; Charge d’ Affaires at the Permanent Mission of Nepal to the United Nations, Nirmal Raj Kafle; Foreign Secretary Shanker Das Bairagi; spokesman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Joint Secretary Bharat Raj Poudel and other government senior officials were present on the occasion.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...