- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Police make public editor of ‘pathibharaonline.com’, Manandhar
Kathmandu, Nov 1: Police today made public a person who was arrested on the charge of his involvement in disseminating fake news related to Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli.
He is Hari Prasad Manandhar, 46, of Harinath rural municipality-6, currently living in Kageshwori Manahara municipality-8, Kathmandu. He is editor of pathibharaonline.com.
According to the Metropolitan Police Crime Division, Teku, action has been forwarded against editor Manandhar as per the cyber crime and punishment act after the Pathibhara Online.Com disseminated fake news against PM Oli.
The Division also requested all not to disseminate such type of fake news.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...