- Seven percent economic growth predicted for this year
- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
'Federal government informed about CM Rai's US visit'
Kathmandu, Nov 11 (RSS):The federal government; and the province 1 council of ministers were apprised of the personal trip of province Chief Minister's Sherdhan Rai to Thailand and the United States of America, said Hikmat Karki, province minister for internal affairs and law.
The update about CM Rai's visit follows the criticism that the CM, who had left for Thailand for his medical treatment, secretly headed to the US. CM Rai had left for Thailand on November 2 for the treatment of his throat problem.
Personal funds will be used to finance CM Rai's treatment and travel expenditure, it has been said.
Talking to the National News Agency (RSS), minister Karki said CM Rai has informed the Office of Prime Minister and Council of Ministers of his trip, and there is however no any mandatory provision that requires the federal government's permission for a foreign personal trip.
The CM is learnt to have been waiting for his medical test reports to return home. Minister Karki argued that it was not necessary to link the issue of manhandling of a Nepali journalist in the US with the CM's visit.