- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Mechi Mahotsav from Dec 20
Pashupatinagar, Nov 21: A tourism festival is taking place in Ilam from December 20 to 31.
Ilam Tourism Promotion Concerned Forum is organising the Mechi Tourism Mahotsav-2018 with a view to supporting the sustainable development of the tourism sector in the eastern hilly districts.
As told by forum general secretary Devi Poudel, the event to be held at Thulo Tundikhel based in Ilam Bazaar will feature local products, ethnic cuisine, and art and culture of Ilam, Panchthar, Jhapa and Taplejung districts. Besides, national level artists will be there for their presentations and a gathering of hotel entrepreneurs from Province 1 will be held during the festival.
A literary programme, other programmes targeted at senior citizens, children and students and a horse riding are the other attractions of the festival. (RSS)
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...